Kirk Dolan, Ph.D.
Joint with Food Science and Human Nutrition
- BE 835 - Analysis of Biological Systems
- Parameter estimation and inverse solutions
- Kinetics of food processes
- Value-added plant product processing
- Developing statistical and computational methods for food engineering applications
- Modeling fate of nutraceuticals during processing
- Extrusion of value-added dry bean products.
- Identification of nutraceutical compounds from inedible parts of plant materials.
- Modeling retention of thiamin, beta-carotene, & anthocyanins during extrusion.
- Modeling of hard apple cider fermentation.
- Degradation kinetics of nutraceuticals at high temperature / low moisture.
- Production, separation and purification of prebiotics from whey lactose.
- Reduction of oligosaccharides in dry beans.
- Modeling softening kinetics of dry beans.
- Kinetics of anthocyanin degradation in tart cherry juice.
- Antioxidant activity of asparagus, grapes, and cherry juice.
- Drying of cherry/grape pomace.