2012 - 2013 College of Engineering Graduate Student Awards
Engineering Graduate Research Symposium Awards
Recognizing students who presented exceptional research posters at the 2012 Engineering Graduate Research Symposium
BIOSYSTEMS AND AGRICULTURAL ENGINEERING
- Shannon McGraw, "A Resistance Based Biosensor Utilizing Conducting Microfibers for Microbial Pathogen Detection"
- Irwin R. Donis-González, "Visualizing internal characteristics of fresh agricultural products though traditional & ultrafast limited-angle-type x-ray Computed Tomography (CT) imaging"
- Pichamon Limcharoenchat, "Statistical Distribution of Human Error in Positioning Temperature Probes in Meat Patties for Thermal Process Validation"
CHEMICAL ENGINEERING AND MATERIALS SCIENCE
- Ryan Stoklosa, "Characterization of Solubilized Biopolymers from Alkali Pulping Liquors"
- Hongmei Li, "Comparison of the Deformation Behavior of Commercially Pure Titanium and Ti-5Al-2.5Sn(wt.%) at 296K and 728K"
- Atishi Bali, "New bio-based polyurethanes from plant dimer acids using isocyanate free process"
CIVIL AND ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING
- Ata Babazadeh, "Inelastic Response of Slender Reinforced Concrete Bridge Columns"
- Yi Sun, "Numerical Investigation on the Energy Absorption Capabilities of Nano-copper Reinforced Open-cell Aluminum Foams"
- Esam Aziz, "Residual Strength Assessment of Fire Exposed Bridge Girders"
- Maggie Kronlein, "A Minimally Invasive, Simple, 1-Hr Assay for Cancer Marker Screening"
- Elaheh Esfahanian, "Adsorption Followed by Ozonation-Membrane Filtration for the Removal of Atrazine"
- Hang Shi, "Combined precipitative and colloidal fouling of reverse osmosis membranes"
COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
- Eric Norige, "A Few Bits Are Enough - ASIC Friendly Regular Expression Matching"
- Jordan Fish, "Gene-targeted metagenome assembly"
- Scott Klum, "Facial Sketch to Photo Matching"
- Sarah Coburn, "Passive Viewpoints in a Collaborative Immersive Environment"
- Changsong Liu, "Towards Mediating Shared Perceptual Basis in Situated Dialogue"
- Lei Liu, "Efficient Label Tree learning for Large Multi-Class Classification"
- Muhammad Shahzad, "Large Scale Exploratory Analysis of Software Vulnerability Life Cycles"
ELECTRICAL AND COMPUTER ENGINEERING
- Muatazbellah Abdelsalam, "Output Feedback Control of a Class of Nonlinear Systems"
- Jianguo Zhao, "A tail assisted miniature jumping and running robot: exploring the biologically inspired multi-mode locomotion"
- Mohammed Ben-Idris, "Cascading Failures Analysis based on composite Lyapunov function"
- Rohit Nehe, "Effect of Flow Perturbation on Mixing in a Low Reynolds Number Shear Flow"
- Tohid Darvishzadeh, "Numerical Study of Crossflow Enhanced Microfiltration of Oil-in-Water Emulsions"
- Abdul Motin, "Cross Flow Filtration Hydrocyclone (CFFH) for Oil-Water Separation"
Outstanding Graduate Student Awards
Recognizing the most outstanding student in each graduate program, as selected by department faculty.
|Irwin R. Donis-González, Biosystems Engineering||Advisor: Daniel E. Guyer|
|Hyun Ju Cho, Chemical Engineering||Advisor: Christina Chan|
|XiaoFeng Fan, Materials Science||Advisor: Eldon Case|
|Purushotham Pakala, Civil Engineering||Advisor: Venkatesh Kodur|
|Amanda Herzog, Environmental Engineering||Advisor: Syed Hashsham|
|Andres Ramirez, Computer Science||Advisor: Betty Cheng|
|Emmanuell Merced, Electrical Engineering||Advisor: Nelson Sepúlveda|
|Azadeh Sheidaei, Engineering Mechanics||Advisor: Farhang Pourboughrat|
|Abhishek Dutta, Mechanical Engineering||Advisor: Srinivasan Arjun Tekalur|
Fitch H. Beach Awards
Recognizing the most outstanding graduate student researcher in each department.
FIRST PLACE: Hongzhi Chen, Advisor: Ning Xi, Electrical & Computer Engineering
"Infrared Camera Using a Carbon Nanotube Based Photodetector"
SECOND PLACE: M. Zubair Shafiq, Advisor: Alex Liu, Computer Science & Engineering
"Measurement and Modeling of Large Scale Networks"
THIRD PLACE: Amanda Herzog, Advisor: Syed Hashsham, Civil & Environmental Engineering
"Factors to Consider in the Evaluation of Risk at the Environmental Detection Limit"
HONORABLE MENTION: Stephen Boona, Advisor: Donald Morelli, Chemical Engineering & Materials Science
"Utilizing Structure/Processing/Property Relationships to Achieve Enhanced Thermoelectric Performance in CePd3 for Cryogenic Cooling Applications"
HONORABLE MENTION: Dharmendra Mishra, Advisor: Kirk Dolan, Biosystems & Agricultural Engineering
"Intrinsic Verification and Estimation of Thermal Parameters at Elevated Temperatures"
HONORABLE MENTION: Andrew White, Advisors: Gouming Zhu and Jongeun Choi, Mechanical Engineering
"Gain Scheduling Control with Hard Constraints"